Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jesse Marsch

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am not a fan of the MLS title being attached to the position.
Makes me feel like there was a payday somewhere...

Who cares about the title. I am happy that the new Canada Soccer CEO found a new revenue stream and accomplished something. Without the money from the MLS owners we were looking at 4 years of Biello in charge.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who cares about the title. I am happy that the new Canada Soccer CEO found a new revenue stream and accomplished something. Without the money from the MLS owners we were looking at 4 years of Biello in charge.
It is a little bit weird:
"...Marsch’s position will be formally titled as the MLS Canada Men’s National Team Head Coach during the term of his initial contract."

I don't think it's a mistake to take the donations and funding but you can't have a world Cup team sponsor named.
You could have something a little shorter added to media releases without it noted in the coach's title.

The full text clarifies why and the why is not likely to be opposed by anyone:

Philanthropic Support from MLS Owners

The appointment of Marsch is assisted by major philanthropic contributions from the owners of the three Canadian-based MLS clubs – Vancouver Whitecaps, Joey Saputo, and Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment – and supplemented by other private donors. In recognition of their significant philanthropic support, Marsch’s position will be formally titled as the MLS Canada Men’s National Team Head Coach during the term of his initial contract. This type of donor recognition is common at universities and hospitals, in NCAA sports, and is starting to be used in the Canadian sport system – for example, with the Stollery Family Women’s National Team Head Coach support at Golf Canada.

These commitments are part of a forthcoming major gifts program that will provide Canadian philanthropists with a structured opportunity to support Canada Soccer programs of all types – including the Men’s and Women’s National Team systems, from youth teams up through the senior national teams.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0